We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual.
We may collect data, including Personal Information, about you as you use our websites, services and interact with us. This information may include:
- your name;
- your address, email, telephone and emergency contact details;
- your gender, age and date of birth;
- your payment details and credit card information;
- information relating to products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- information relating to you that you provide to us directly or indirectly through your contact with us or your use of our website, social media sites;
- mobile applications, electronic media or other related resources or sites; information to enhance your experience of our products and services, activities, events, website, social media sites, mobile applications or other related resources or sites;
- your IP address, web log and related domain, browser, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from sites, ad data, device ID, device type, geo-location information; information you provide to us through surveys, activities, events, competitions, sponsorship or marketing or advertising communications;
- your employment and governance history;
- and any other Personal Information relevant to your relationship with us.
If we link other data with your Personal Information, we will treat that linked data as Personal Information.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
What do we do with your Personal Information once we have it?
When you give us Personal Information, we will use it in the ways for which you have given us permission, or ways in which our clients who provided us the Personal Information instruct. Generally, we use your Personal Information to help us provide and improve our products and services for you and our clients with which you have a business relationship.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
How do we receive Personal Information about you?
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways including:
- in telephone conversations; in postal, phone, facsimile, email, electronic, mobile application or social media correspondence;
- in forms, surveys or questionnaires filled out by you;
- when you request information from us;
- when you register, use or interact with our products and services, content, publications, resources, events, activities, marketing or advertising;
- when we engage with you as a business contact or in the course of our business activities.
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties where it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect it from you.
We do not guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. If, despite these efforts, we learn of a security breach involving your Personal Information, when required by law or contractual obligations, we will notify you or our client so appropriate protective steps can be taken. We will retain your Personal Information only as long as needed to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law. Your information will be deleted, anonymized or pseudonymized once it is no longer needed to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, or enforce our agreements.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Experience Digital will not charge any fee for your access request but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up to date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
Experience Digital Pty Ltd
Phone: 1300 886 228